[Announcement on behalf of Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur]
Established in 2003, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur is one of the leading law schools in the country. In a short span of time, HNLU has carved out a niche in the realm of legal education across India and the legacy is soaring towards newer heights day by day. Named after the great legal luminary Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, the Unversity was established by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act (Act. No. 10 of 2003). HNLU has been ranked 5th in India Today’s 2021 rankings of the top law colleges in India and 51-100 globally in the Crisis Management category by the World’s Universities with Real Impact Rankings 2021. Hon’ble Mr Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra, Acting Chief Justice, High Court of Chhattisgarh is the Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) V.C. Vivekanandan is the Vice-Chancellor and Prof. (Dr.) Uday Shankar is the Registrar of the University.
Theme of the Conference
Corporations play a significant role in shaping and improving economic outcomes through their strategic decision-making in the global market. Such decisions impact domestic and international business in varying degrees, hence the role of these transnational entities assume a significant role in world trade. National divergences in the context of socio-economic development and regulatory mechanisms produce different types of domestic patterns in terms of forms and functioning of business organizations. Even so, Corporate Governance standards and procedures are considered indispensable for economic growth and social development across the world. The Companies Act, 2013 and its latest amendments together with the connected regulatory reforms have broken through a new era of Corporate Governance in India.
In this backdrop, the present conference is intended to provide a platform to discuss and deliberate the theme in detail during the technical sessions followed by the Round Table Discussions being chaired by Partners of reputed firms, academicians, and other key professionals.
Papers are invited on any of the following sub-themes:
- Theories of Corporate Governance for Contemporary Relevance
- Corporate Governance and Shareholder Activism
- Financial and non-financial reporting Framework & Rules
- Corporate Social Justice & Role of NCLT/NCLAT
- Corporate Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Board and Management’s Responsibility Framework
- Corporate Governance in Banks and Financial Institutions
- Mutual Funds and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Frauds and Investor Protection
- Re-inventing Local Self Government Institutions through Corporate Governance Standards
- Interface of Corporate Governance and Tax Deduction/Avoidance
- Corporate Governance, Competition Law and Business Strategies
These sub-themes are only suggestive and are not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes yet holding relevance in the thrust area may also be submitted.
Papers are invited from the Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, commerce and management, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above.
Honours & Awards
- The selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book by Taxmann Publicationswith ISBN.
- One-year free Taxmann Database on Tax & Corporate Laws subscription to the First, Second and Third Best-Paper Awardees.
- Submission of Abstract: September 28, 2021
- Intimation of Abstract Acceptance: September 30, 2021
- Submission of Full Paper along with Registration fee: October 20, 2021
- Date of Conference: 30-31 October 2021
- For Academicians and Professionals: INR 1200 (For Co-authors INR 2000)
- For Research Scholars: INR 700 (For Co-authors INR 1000)
- For Students: INR 500 (For Co-authors INR 700)
Note: Co-authorship of up to two co-authors is allowed. In case co-authors are from two different heads mentioned above respective registration fees shall be paid individually. Registration Fee is payable only after the acceptance of Abstract.
- Account Holder’s Name: Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Bank Name: IDBI Bank
- Account No.: 1188102000000806
- IFSC Code: IBKL0001188
- MICR Code: 492259503
- Branch Name: HNLU Campus Branch, Uparwara, Naya Raipur
- Account Type: Current A/C
- The abstract of 200 – 300 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
- The word limit for full paper along with abstract is 3000 – 5000 words (excluding footnotes) submitted in MS Word Format.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5-line spacing.
- Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected by the Committee.
- For references and bibliography, author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook Citation.
- Abstract of the paper should reach the Secretary of the Conference on or before September 28, 2021, by the following link.
- Full paper along with the abstract and registration fee must reach on or before October 20, 2021, by the following link.
Dr Ankit Awasthi (Secretary)
Email id: [email protected]
Telephone No.: 7587017822 / 7355235075