Scholasticus (ISSN 0975-1157) is one of the earliest publications by National Law University, Jodhpur established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate in the field of Banking & Finance. The Journal has been re-launched after a gap of a few years, and is now published under the aegis of the Centre of Studies in Banking and Finance at National Law University, Jodhpur. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed and edited journal, with an ambit broad enough to include issues in the fields of project finance, private equity, corporate finance, debt restructuring, capital markets, etc. The Journal has had the privilege of publishing the articles from some stalwarts of the legal arena including Abir Lal Dey (Partner, L&L Partners Law Offices), Justice K.G. Balakrishnan (Former Chief Justice of India), Fali S. Nariman (Senior Advocate at Supreme Court of India), etc. To know more or check out our previous issues, please visit our website here. Submissions can be made by filling this form.
About the Centre
The Centre of Studies in Banking and Finance at National Law University, Jodhpur (CSBF) was established by the Reserve Bank of India in 2002. The Centre provides a platform for scholars and practitioners to exchange views on issues dealing with banking and financial systems through its Conferences, Essay Competitions, Workshops and Discussion Forums. CSBF seeks to promote discourse related to the banking sector, capital markets, and other financial services. The Journal is another venture of the Centre to associate with professionals, judges, academicians and students to discuss ideas related to the banking and finance sector.
Scholasticus (ISSN 0975-1157) is accepting submissions under the following categories:
- Long Articles (6,000 – 8,000 words): Long Articles must comprehensively analyze important themes and may adopt comparative perspectives. It must analyze the current practice in the field, identify the lacunae therein and provide constructive suggestions.
- Short Articles (3,000 – 6,000 words): typically identify a specific issue, which may be of contemporary relevance and present a central argument.
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words).
- The Journal is pleased to invite submissions for its Volume IX, Issue II. The deadline for sending submissions for the forthcoming volume is July 7, 2021.
- Submissions must be made in electronic format by filling the form available here.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (Main text: size 12 and line spacing: 1.5, footnotes: size 10, and line spacing: 1).
- An abstract of not more than 250 words must be provided.
- Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is permitted.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s), and acknowledgments should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name, or document properties.
- Scholasticus uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a mode of citation. Submissions must conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Citation style.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe on the copyright or any other rights of any third parties. Any form of plagiarism is strictly discouraged. The manuscript shall be disqualified from consideration of publication in case the plagiarism crosses the threshold of 20% (twenty percent).
- Submissions made to Scholasticus shall be exclusive and must not be concurrently under consideration by any other publication.
- Scope, Needs, and Efforts to ease listing, financing & securitization of Startups
- Changing legal landscape for credit derivatives
- Enhancing risk management system of clearance houses
- The emergence of new ways for management of stressed assets
- Upping the ante in IT Services for Banks – How prepared is India in moving towards becoming a cash-free economy
- Standardization of practices in the Insurance sector.
In case of any queries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or to the following student editors of the Journal:-
[email protected] | 9829179693).