[Announcement on behalf of the RMLNLU Arbitration Law Blog]
About the Organizer
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University is a law institute located in Lucknow, India. It is regarded as one of the premier law schools in country. Dr. RMLNLU was established in the year 2005, and since then has been providing undergraduate and post-graduate legal education. It has been ranked among the top law institutes in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework of the Ministry of Human Resource Development in recent years
The RMLNLU Society for Excellence in Arbitration Law (SEAL) was established in the year 2015. It is a student-run academic body set up with a view to having insightful discussions on various contemporary developments taking place in the field of Arbitration Law within and outside the country.
About the Blog
The Blog shall accept submissions from students, legal professionals and practitioners dealing with any area of arbitration law. The author must: explain the legal background clearly and succinctly, and offer insight into or analysis of the issues being covered.
- Repeal of Section 11(6A): Changing trends in pre-arbitral judicial intervention
- Mandatory Arbitration through Statutes
- Applicability of Limitation Act at various stages of an arbitral proceeding
- Feasibility of introducing arbitration mechanism within the folds of 2013 Companies Act
- Relevance of host state’s level of development in the interpretation of investment treaty standards
- Time bound Arbitration (with a special emphasis on Section 29- A)
- We are flexible with the length of the posts that we publish. Generally, the blog posts should be in the range of 700-1500 words. Longer posts will be published in parts.
- Blog posts should be accompanied by a short excerpt detailing the core issue(s) dealt in its content: preferably 80-100 words.
- The submission should not mention any information about the author(s) or their affiliation. Alternatively, we would like you to send us a short biography of yours (either in a separate document or in the body of the email). Your biography shall be published along with your post.
- Submissions must be sent to us latest by 30th December 2019.
- By submitting a post to the blog, the Contributor guarantees that the post is a product of their work and is unpublished. Contributors also permit the RMLNLU Arbitration Law Blog to use their post, with full attribution but without further consent, on a non-commercial basis in online and offline publications.
Contact Number: +91-9839694980/+91-8004774955
For more information, please see the detailed announcement.