[Announcement from the RMLNLU Law Review]
About the Journal
The RMLNLU Law Review is an annual peer-reviewed journal published by the Journal Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow which seeks to provide numerous insights and views into contemporary legal issues and encourage conversation about the same. The RMLNLU Law Review runs parallel to the RMLNLU Law Journal on CMET (Communications, Media, Entertainment, and Technology).
After having celebrated nine years of immense success and acclaim as a reputed journal, we are pleased to celebrate our tenth anniversary by announcing to all those interested, the call for papers for Volume X.
Call for Papers
The Journal accepts submissions from law students all over the country and abroad in the form of:
- Articles (4000-5000)
- Essays (4000-5000)
- Case notes/comments (1500-2000)
- Book Reviews (1500-2000)
The submissions may be on any contemporary legal issue with a prescribed word limit of 1500-2500 words in the case of Book Reviews and Case Notes and may extend from 4000-5000 words in the case of Articles and Essays (excluding the abstract and footnotes).
Each of these entries shall be required to conform to the set of guidelines that follow.
The formatting shall be as per the following:
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 12 pts.
- Line spacing – 1.5
- Margin – 1” from all sides.
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 10 pts
- Line Spacing – 1.0
- All the sources in the footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest OSCOLA (4 th edition) format. No endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are allowed.
- An abstract of about 250-300 words should be mandatorily included in the same word document as a part of the submission.
- The text in the submitted piece must be justified.
- The title should be Bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16, and Center Aligned. The title should have the name(s) of the author(s), their course and college as first footnote(s).
- Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and left aligned.
- The contents should in no way, directly or indirectly, indicate or reference the identity of the author(s).
- The submission should be original and non-plagiarised. They should exhibit originality in thought, critical evaluation, and careful interpretations. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not allowed in “book reviews” and “case notes/comments”.
- The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Journal Committee, RMLNLU.
How to Submit?
The submissions may be emailed to [email protected]m in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. The attached submission in the email, i.e., the name of the document must be the name(s) of the author(s). The subject title for the mail must be ‘Article/ Essay/ Case Comment/ Book Review for Volume X’. Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
The deadline for submission of manuscipt is 25 September 2019, before 11:59 pm. The author(s) must send in the cover letter in the body of the mail, which must contain all the relevant biographical details (Name of the author(s), their degrees, Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address, Phone Number and E-mail ID). A separate attachment as a cover letter will not be entertained.
In case of any queries, contact:
Email: [email protected]
Ahkam Khan: 7905726123
Parimal Kashyap: 9889790027
Agrima Gupta: 9810373335