[The following is an announcement from the Centre for Business and Commercial Laws, NLIU Bhopal]
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws of National Law Institute University, Bhopal
(NLIU), in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the 5th NLIU-Trilegal Summit on
Corporate and Commercial Laws on 31 August 2019.
The present edition of the summit is an effort to continue the successful legacy of the past
editions. It aims to initiate a dialogue on the key issues arising in the corporate world and
contribute to the growth of knowledge and research in the field of commercial laws, whilst
increasing the awareness and aptitude of students in these fields.
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized university for the academic year of 2019-2020, to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
• Analysis of landmark mergers and forecasting trends for future M&A activity
• Vertical overlaps in merger control
- Foreign Investment (Private Equity/Venture Capital and Debt Instruments)
• Emerging trends in E-Commerce Policy
• Emerging forms of investment such as REITs and InvITs
- Recent updates on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and emerging trends
- Capital Markets
• Rise of IPOs in niche sectors such as insurance companies, banks
• Trends of failure of IPOs in the Indian market
• Emerging trends in white collar crime (legal developments and recent examples in insider trading)
• Data Privacy aspects of financial information and in capital markets
- Contemporary Issues
• Introduction of P2P Lending in India / Technologies such as Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offering/ Crowdfunding
• Digital economy and Antitrust issues
• Impact measurement and social/sustainable investments
• Diversity and Ethical Compliance
• Compliance and Risk Analysis: Changing Behaviours and Processes
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the contours of these indicative theme of the Summit.
The Summit shall witness 15 paper presentations (including essays and articles) that shall be selected after an intensive review procedure to be conducted jointly by CBCL and Trilegal. The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids, such as PowerPoint presentations etc.
The 15 selected manuscripts shall be published in a commemorative book (with an ISBN/ISSN number). The top three presentations will be conferred with rewards. All presenters at the Summit will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation as a delegate.
Additionally, the Summit will include a counselling session which will be conducted by partners from Trilegal, exclusively for the shortlisted participants! During the session, the participants can look forward to key career advice from noted corporate practitioners, rare opportunity to interact and be taught directly by the partners along with invaluable networking opportunities.
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000-6000 words long dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be 2000-3000 words and either cover a recent development or be issue-specific. Co-authorship is not allowed.
Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is
prescribed. Citations must conform to standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permitted.
The following format must be adhered to –
Title: Times New Roman, size-15, Bold, 2.0 line spacing, centre-aligned.
Abstract: Times New Roman, size-11, Italicized, 1.5 line spacing, justified, margins of 2.0.
Main Body: Times New Roman, size-12, 1.15 line spacing, justified.
Heading: Times New Roman, size-14, Bold, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size-13, Italicized, 1.15 line spacing, centre-aligned.
Footnotes: Times New Roman, size-10, 1.0 line spacing, justified.
Margins: One inch (2.54 cm) on all four sides.
Submission must be accompanied by a covering letter including author(s) name, email-ID, mobile number and college name. Submissions must only be in electronic form sent via email. All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format and must contain an abstract of 250-300 words exclusive of the word limit.
With this edition, we will be offering new and exciting awards to the winners! The prizes shall be disclosed in the coming days, so keep an eye out and until then keep guessing! Last year, the winners of the First Prize won an all-expense paid trip to Dubai, while both the Runners-Up and Second Runners-Up received internships at Trilegal offices.
Registration and Submission Deadline
All papers must be submitted on or before 21st July, 2019 (11:59 PM). E-mails for submission and any other clarifications should be sent to – [email protected]. The email must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript and personal details and affiliation of the author(s), without which the submission will NOT be accepted: –
- An originality statement, signed by the author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the author(s);
- A copyright statement, signed by the author(s), whereby the author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay
an amount of INR 1000 for single author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The
Centre will provide accommodation to all the participants.
Shounak Banerjee (Convenor, CBCL): 9911425727
Mudit Nigam (Co-convenor, CBCL): 8989113116
Suyash Bhamore (Secretary, CBCL): 9425150875
For updates, follow the NLIU-Trilegal Summit page (https://www.facebook.com/nliutrilegalsummit/) and the CBCL Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/cbcl.nliu/). For brochure, click here (http://bit.ly/2IaNyJI).