[Announcement from the Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team]
The Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT) is launching the first batch of the Global Academy for Advocacy in Dispute Resolution (GAADR) which will take place from June 11 to 16, 2018 in Goa, India.
The first two and a half days (11,12,13) will be dedicated to CDR – Consensual dispute resolution (Mediation/Conciliation/Negotiation). The latter two and half days (14, 15, 16) will focus on ADR – Alternative dispute redressal (Arbitration).
PACT invites you to be a part of this project as we aim to nurture a young generation of lawyers to be productive with their preparation, effective with their practice and honest with their consultation.
The Consensual Dispute Resolution (Mediation Advocacy Accreditation) component involves:
– Tactfully preparing the client for a Mediation/Negotiation
– Creating a strategy for your client based on BATNA/WATNA
– How to make the most of a mediator.
– Drafting a Mediation Agreement
– Cross culture Mediation
– Sports Mediation
The Arbitration component involves the following aspects.
– Honing ones arbitration skills of case analysis, witness handling and oral arguments.
– Learn to draft, as a performance skill.
– Institutional Arbitration.
– Interesting ‘learning by doing’ sessions.
– Individualised feedback for each participant
And more …..