[Announcement on behalf of the GNLU Centre for Business and Public Policy]
Established in 2003 with an aim to become a Research-based Teaching university, Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), has always taken proactive initiatives and outlook to provide valuable and mutually beneficial services to the institution of governance, judiciary, economy and civil society, especially weaker sections of the society. GNLU has created a unique learning environment, emphasizing on research and training, coupled with a solid grounding in theory, with a vision to address the user’s requirement, whether academic or not. The university constantly strives to establish an all-round and interdisciplinary academic culture consistent with the other National Law Universities of the country by offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses in the field of law.
GNLU Center for Business & Public Policy is a centre for excellence in Business and Public Policy established by Gujarat National Law University with a vision of promoting interdisciplinary research and dialogue on contemporary business and public policy issues. It is working with a motto of providing a platform for the exchange of scholarly views and the promotion of ethical and socially responsible entrepreneurial ventures.
About the Course
Capital markets are the financial pulse of the economy. The maturity of an economy is gauged by the robustness of its capital markets. Having a robust and well-regulated securities markets facilitates companies to raise capital from the public and at the same time allows the public to be a part of the nation’s corporate growth story. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the principal regulator of capital markets and is established under the SEBI Act, 1992. SEBI, along with other regulators (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, RBI etc.) frame guidelines and regulations from time-to-time to be complied with by the companies, market intermediaries and market participants. Knowledge about these legislations, compliances and due diligence is crucial and pivotal for any person interested in securities law and capital markets.
This course shall be aimed at providing conceptual clarity and in-depth understanding to the students about capital markets, various regulations and laws applicable to it, market mechanics, taxation of securities, and Alternate Investment Funds, among others. The course will constitute quintessential components of the transactional side of Securities Laws and market mechanics which is majorly missing from most of the law school curriculums. It will be of immense value to students who are aiming to pursue a career in corporate laws, securities laws or other allied areas. The course will be a first-of-its-kind offering in the country. It is aimed at bridging the gap that is created by the existing courses in this domain through its comprehensively designed modules.
Scheme and Duration of the Course
- Total number of teaching hours (sessions) – 70 hours
- The course will be conducted in both online and offline modes. The first part of the course shall be online while the later part would be offline so as to facilitate better interaction with the faculties.
- The course shall commence its online leg on December 3, 2022 and will have sessions preferably on weekends. A total of 10 sessions shall be conducted online (tentative) with approximately 34 teaching hours.
- The offline leg of the course shall be from January 28, 2023 to February 02, 2023. There will be a total of 36 teaching hours in the offline leg followed by an evaluation.
- For the offline leg of the course, participants who opt for accommodation will be provided with the same by the university on an additional payment basis.
- Students enrolled in UG or PG courses in any recognised university, Scholars, Chartered Accounts, Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants, Advocates, Academicians, Professionals or Industry Practitioners.
- Total number of seats: 60
- Participation shall be strictly on a first come first serve basis.
- Primary & Secondary markets
- Key provisions of the SEBI Act, 1992; Companies Act, 2013; SCRA, 1956; & Depositories Act, 1996.
- Equity shares: Issuance and other regulatory requirements- SEBI ICDR Regulations, 2018
- IPO Analysis: Valuation, Pricing and Process
- Post Issue Compliance: SEBI LODR Regulations, 2015
- Secondary market infrastructure and key SEBI Regulations (Insider Trading, FUTP, Delisting etc.)
- SEBI (substantial Acquisition of shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011
- GIFT City IFSC & Key provisions of IFSCA Act and regulations issued there under.
- SEBI (AIF) Regulations, 2012
- Taxation of Securities
- Introduction to key trading concepts and stock exchange trading mechanisms
- Technical Analysis of charts, Price Action and key chart patterns
- Fundamental Analysis of Companies
- Introduction to Derivatives, Futures and Options
- Regulations in Financial Derivatives Markets
- Key concepts in Futures and Options- ITM, ATM, OTM, strike price, option chain data, Open Interest etc.
- Black Scholes Model for option pricing.
For a detailed course outline and schedule please click on the link below:
- (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar, Director – Gujarat National Law University
- (Dr.) Mayank Joshipura, Professor of Finance, NMIMS Mumbai
- Narayan Baser, Associate Professor – PDEU
- Dipesh Shah, Executive Director (Development) – IFSCA
- Devaki Mankad, Partner – Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- Oishik Bagchi, Partner – Khaitan & Co.
- Ankush Goyal, Partner – Trilegal
- Ayan Mukherjee, Assistant General Manager – SEBI
- Mobin Shaikh, Assistant Professor of Management – GNLU
- Divya Tyagi, Assistant Professor of Law – GNLU
- Satya Ranjan Mishra, Assistant Professor of Commerce – GNLU
Total 100 marks- 50 marks MCQ test and 50 marks for Research Paper presentation. (Other details about mode of evaluation will be communicated by the organizing team in due course of time)
Rs. 10,000 plus applicable taxes.*
(GCBPP shall offer three ‘50% fee waiver scholarships’ to needy participants. Participants who want to avail the scholarships are required to submit a Statement of Purpose at [email protected] which would be followed by an interview.)
* Registration fees are inclusive of breakfast, lunch and high tea on all days of the offline session.
How to Apply
- Interested participants are required to register themselves through the Google form in the provided link.
Link for Registration- https://forms.gle/RkVE15jzDresHTyL8
- In case of any problems with google form, you may mail it to [email protected].
- The payment link will be provided to the participants after they have filled up the registration form. Admission to the course will be confirmed only after payment of fees.
15 November 2022- Last date for registration
03 December 2022- Commencement of online leg of the course
28 January 2023- Commencement of the offline leg of the course
02 February 2023- End of the course
For more information about the course, please refer to the brochure and course schedule.
In case of any queries, mail us at [email protected]
You may also contact
Devarsh Shah (Student Convenor)- 6359565417
Harshit Singh (Course Coordinator)- 7284803289
Link to the brochure: https://tinyurl.com/ycxnf52y